Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Hrmm…I don’t know if there are eight ways! I hate this one the most. This one is a toughy. If I had to take a guess on how I would break it down, I would have to go something like this…
8. Struggle – There’s something about overcoming personal struggles that build a kind of humility I find incredibly fascinating. When you work in retail, you can tell who has and who hasn’t.
7. Food – It’s okay to NOT obsess about eating this or that because it’s got sugar or fats. Don’t be afraid of the food. In moderation, everything is fine.
6. Interesting – I believe that I suffer from a mild form of ADD, so if a person can remain interesting, well then you are 95% of the way there.
5. Manners – That gets high marks. It doesn’t take much longer than being rude, so why foul the atmosphere?
4. Compassion – When you can, you donate to people who are less fortunate than you are.
3. Emotionally Secure – You aren’t afraid to let your emotions take you for a ride.
2. Playful – You can’t take yourself too seriously.
THE NEXT TWO GO HAND IN HAND
Humor – Laughter is wonderful. While the occasional fart joke is okay, I prefer well thought out humor which ties to…
Intelligence – I love people that I can learn from.
Here I am on the Tahoe Queen. We were celebrating Perry’s mom’s birthday on a little cruise around Tahoe. It was a good dinner, great music, and a lot of nutty pictures of his mom! That particular moment in time was so freeing. As though there were no worries. It’s fun to get swept up in someone else’s energy and have fun without restraint. It’s from people like her that I remind myself you have to keep trying stuff that you don’t normally do. Because were I not with her, I doubt this moment would have even happened.